Viglen optimises full line of AMD-based Servers and Blades with Six-Core Processors
2U Twin2 HX425T2a with 48 cores and Quad Socket Servers
HX445a with 64 Cores optimised for six-core AMD Opteron processors
Viglen, with its peerless reputation for innovation and delivering leading-edge hardware systems to the corporate, education and public sectors, today announced that its full range of AMD® HPC platforms have been fully optimised to support the latest Sixteen-Core AMD® Opteron processors (code-named Interlagos). This comprehensive line of solutions includes the 2U HX420T2a with four hot-swappable dual-processor computing nodes which supports up to 128 processing cores, as well as quad-processor 1U servers which support up to 64 processing cores in a 1U form factor.
The latest sixteen core AMD solutions will enable us to offer an even better platform of products in all segments of the marketplace. Our AMD Interlagos 16 core solutions deliver great value to customers in all segments of the server, blade and workstation marketplace..
Chief Executive Officer, Viglen
In addition to the many performance enhancements in Sixteen-Core AMD Opteron processors, Viglen offers Sixteen-Core AMD HPC solutions with the following high-performance design features:
- 2U HX425T2a designs: Provide four hot-plug DP nodes, up to 256GB memory, 12 hot-swap 3.5" drives, optional 20 or 40Gb/s InfiniBand and redundant power
- 1U HX425Ta designs: Provide two DP nodes, up to 128GB memory and optional InfiniBand
- Universal I/O designs: Provide flexible I/O customisation and investment protection
- High memory capacity: 16 DIMM and 32 DIMM models with high capacity memory support to dramatically improve memory and virtualisation performance
- Dual Hyper-Transport technology link designs: Superior system bandwidth and performance
- Hyper-Transport Extension connector design: Helps to enlarge product support scope with Hyper-Transport connection devices
- High-efficiency VRMs: Save energy and reduce electricity costs
- High-efficiency power supplies: Further increases overall system power savings
- Up to 10 quad-processor (MP) or dual-processor (DP) Blades in a 7U enclosure: Industry-leading density and power efficiency with up to 240 processor cores per 7U enclosure
The full range of Sixteen-Core Viglen solutions includes both DP and MP Servers in 1U, 2U and Blade form factors.