Viglen Rocks+ Integrated clusters combine Viglen hardware expertise with Clustercorp's Rocks+Support and Rocks+Rolls to provide turnkey HPC Clusters that are easy to manage with complete commercial support and integrated third-party applications.
Rocks+ is the commercial version of the Rocks Cluster Distribution — an end-to-end HPCC software stack, which includes the operating system, cluster management middleware, libraries, and compilers; with enterprise class commercial support from Clustercorp, which was founded by the leaders in the Rocks community. Available Rocks+Rolls include the Intel® Roll, PGI® Roll, OFED Roll, TotalView® Roll and Moab® Roll (Rocks+MOAB). Clustercorp also supports open source Rolls including the Torque Roll and SGE (Sun Grid Engine) Roll.
Rocks+ has become the premier solution for managing clusters in research and commercial environments. In the past few years, Rocks has won numerous HPCwire awards, including Most Important Software Innovation, Most Innovative Software, and Most Significant New HPC Product. It is clear that making stable and manageable parallel computing platforms available to a wide range of scientists will aid immensely in improving the state of the art in parallel tools.
- Rocks is the most mature (~10 year development history) and most popular (over 10,000 successful clusters worldwide and 2008 HPCwire award forBest HPC cluster solution) stack in HPC
- Rocks+ includes cluster management middleware, libraries, compilers, and workload management tools in one holistic distribution, which ensures a validated, reliable, repeatable solution
- Includes enterprise class commercial support from Viglen and Clustercorp, the leaders of the Rocks community
In addition, Rocks+MOAB brings two best-in-breed products together into the ultimate full-service HPCC solution. MOAB Cluster Suite from Cluster Resources is a professional cluster management solution that integrates scheduling, managing, monitoring, and reporting of cluster workloads. Moab Cluster Suite simplifies and unifies management across one or multiple hardware, operating system, storage, network, license, and resource manager environments to increase the ROI of cluster investments.
Its task-oriented graphical management and flexible policy capabilities provide an intelligent management layer that guarantees service levels, speeds job processing, and easily accommodates additional resources.
It is the de facto standard in HPC middleware, and is the easiest way to build and maintain clusters.
How is Rocks+ different from Open Source Rocks?
- Rocks+ includes commercial support from Clustercorp (which was founded by the developers of open source Rocks)
- Rocks+ includes important additional software (i.e. Rolls — modular plugins to Rocks), which add a number of items to Rocks, including support for InfiniBand, commercial workload managers (MOAB or LSF), CUDA, and Intel Cluster Ready...