Windows 8 Installation Guide from Media
Windows 8 OS installation is performed using the Windows 8 DVD media and you will also require a product key.
Note Before installation you will need to test your system to ensure compatibility for Windows 8. To perform the compatibility test run the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant utility on your current system if any previous OS is installed. This will check all devices and peripherals are compatible for use on Windows 8
- Download the Windows 8 Upgrade assistant
- Run the application
- Application will load and check your apps and drivers for compatibility
- When check is complete review results for any items requiring attention.
- Start Windows 8 Installation by inserting the Windows 8 DVD media and boot the system from it.
- Select Language, Select time and current format of location, Select Keyboard or Input method.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
- Enter the Product key.
- Click and accept the Microsoft Software License Terms. Click I accept the License Terms (Required to use Windows), and then click Next. If you click I decline (cancel installation), Windows 8 Setup will exit.
- Select “Custom Advanced” option (Recommended for Clean installation).
- For each partition, Select Partition, Select Drive Options, Delete Partition, until only a single Unallocated space exists. Select Next to proceed.
- Installation will begin.
- DO NOT remove the install media until the install is complete
- This process will take a few moments
- Personalize the system and assign a computer name.
- Select “Express Settings” at the Settings screen.
- Create a username and password at the “Log On” Screen.
- Setup will complete.
If you create installation media, start your PC from the media, and then install Windows 8, you won't be able to keep your files, programs, or settings. To keep files, programs, or settings you need to install Windows 8 Release Preview by starting your installation from within Windows.